[Xymon] xymon client in 'local' mode, build pain

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon Feb 10 19:19:04 CET 2014

On 2/10/2014 5:56 AM, henrik at hswn.dk wrote:
> Den 2014-02-08 3:49, John Thurston skrev:
- snip -
>> Is this really the only difference? If so, why is there a broken
>> build process for the '--client' option? Why doesn't the '--server'
>> option also build the xymond_client and leave it abandoned in the bin
>> directory?
>
> "configure --server" builds both the Xymon server programs and the Xymon
> client programs. The client programs end up in the "~xymon/client/"
> directory.

I apologize. My question was written incorrectly. It should have read:

The build process for --client asks if it should build for server-side
or client-side configuration. Why doesn't the --client build process
always build xymond_client?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services