[Xymon] Ack not working properly Xymon 4.3.0.0 beta2 - upgrade?

Steve B rectifier at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 11:26:26 CET 2014

Thanks to both of you, I will be put all this into action soon but will
need to test and agree with board.

Henrik, would it be possible to get a copy or a link of what is referred to
in this post you wrote in 2011 in a thread entitled '[Xymon] Acknowledge
issue continues with xymon 4.3.2 ' please?
http://lists.xymon.com/pipermail/xymon/2011-April/031292.html

"

I've come up with a version of xymond.c that eliminates the rbtree code
for the cookies. It uses a much less efficient way of looking up the
cookies - basically, it will scan through all of the status-log entries
that xymond has in memory - but since this only happens when a cookie
needs to be renewed, or when xymond receives an ack, it should not put
too much extra load on your system. It would be very interesting to hear
if this patch on top of 4.3.2 solves the issue; if it does, then I
surely know that there is a bug in the rbtree "delete node" code.

Regards,
Henrik"

===

I was not able to get the attachment from the thread/mailing list. I would
like to see if this helps as I need to use ACKs ASAP and will not be able
to upgrade Xymon for a week or two at best and I'm still on 4.3.0-0.beta2
as described.

thanks

Steve