[Xymon] Yellow on 90% Free Swap Space

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Feb 4 10:40:09 CET 2014

Den 2014-02-04 9:45, mumubash skrev:
> Hello gents,
>
> I was wondering if any of you could help me understand how come, even
> though xymon shows 90%free swap for some host, I get the Yellow
> alert.
> I don't have any specific settings for that host only and the
> DEFAULTS
> are also fine. How could I make that Yellow warning fixed ?

What OS is your client running?
What Xymon version are you using?
Is your client configured for "server-side" or "client-side" analysis?
(If there is a "Client data" link on the memory status page, then you
have "server-side" which is the default).

What do you get if you run the xymond_client in test mode:

$ xymoncmd xymond_client --test
2014-02-04 10:39:03 Using default environment file
/usr/lib/xymon/client/etc/xymonserver.cfg
Hostname (.=end, ?=dump, !=reload) []: localhost   <-- enter your
hostname here
Hosttype []:
Test (cpu, mem, disk, proc, log, port): mem
Phys: Yellow at 100, red at 101
Swap: Yellow at 50, red at 80
Act.: Yellow at 90, red at 97