[Xymon] Monitoring Directory Permissions

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Wed Dec 3 01:36:37 CET 2014

On 12/02/2014 07:25 PM, Vernon Everett wrote:
> Hi Tim,Bill
>
> Thanks for that.
> That's exactly how I thought I had it, and how I have it configured now.
> But it doesn't seem to work.
> Also, on the files status page, I see the directory, but clicking on it, I get
> nothing. Blank page.
> In the client data page, it gives me
> ERROR: No such file or directory
>
> The directory does exist. I would have the world breathing down my neck right
> now if it didn't.
> I have tried to ls the directory as Xymon to ensure I have read permissions in
> the parent directory, and it works there.
>
> But good to know I am on the right track. Something else must be wrong. I will
> investigate further.

Hi Vernon

Before I sent my response, I actually did set up a full test of a dir as
described using version 4.3.12 client and 4.3.17 server and can verify that it
does work, so if it is not a Xymon version issue, it may just be a perms issue
on the remote host..

Obvious, I know, but check the paths all the way down to the directory. Make
sure that Xymon can get there. just a thought.

> And yes, I am expecting this to end with a face-palm moment.
> Most of the problems I face in IT get resolved that way. :-)

heh, right?   Good to hear I am not alone.

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC