[Xymon] Feature Request

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:43:08 CEST 2014

Hi Henrik

The NCV feature in Xymon is fantastic, and I love it.
It's a quick and easy way to populate a graph with data.
My problem with it, is it sometimes works too well.
Sometimes, we have output that contains : or = that's not part of the
graphing data, and if you are using SPLIT_NCV, it dutifully tries to graph
this information, often with woeful results.
I am looking for a feature that we can use to tag a line as "NCV leave this
alone!"
Perhaps a string of hidden characters at the end of a line, or even a
string of visible characters, which the display process can strip out.

Regards
Vernon

--
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton