[Xymon] purple

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon Aug 25 16:03:19 CEST 2014

You'll need to define what "went live" means. What changes occurred?

A purple is a test that has previously been received by the server but has not been updated in more than the prescribed time.

That means that the client didn't send a report for that test or the server didn't receive it.

If only one (or a few) tests go purple for a client, then I would look to the scripts that run that test. If all of the tests for a client are purple, I would confirm routing. If tests that are carried out by the server are purple (such as ntp or http) then I would check the firewall of the client.

-----Original Message-----
From: usa ims [mailto:usaims at yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 8:27 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: purple

Greetings,

I have my xymon environment up and running for about a week before we went live -- didn't get any purple and everything seems to be running green.

As soon as I went live, I'm getting sporadic purple icons on various services. I log into the nodes that have the purple and don't see anything wrong.

Where should I start troubleshooting?

usaims