[Xymon] Xymon Newbie - Installation Issues

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Thu Aug 21 20:53:59 CEST 2014

Sam, attached is detailed instructions that I wrote not long ago.  I
have a Xymon server on AWS using Ubuntu that runs well.  It took a bit
to get it working smooth, but once I ironed out my issues it's been
running for about a year now.  I did have an AWS crash last year and had
to rebuild it once, so I'd suggest keeping detailed instructions, notes,
and backups (obviously) for future reference just in case you need to
rebuild for whatever reason.  I see from the posts that you're leaning
towards Redhat, so I hope I don't completely sidetrack you here with
Ubuntu.  I hope this helps you out.  :-)
Signature - Kris

Thank you.

Kris Springer