[Xymon] enadis page only showing the last scheduled disable

Bakkies Gatvol bakgat8 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 15:46:21 CEST 2014

Big thanks for the fix from over here!

About 3 weeks into running 4.3.17 here, we found the bug.

From: larry at fni-stl.com
To: xymon at xymon.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:39:26 +0000
Subject: Re: [Xymon] enadis page only showing the last scheduled disable

I believe I have this problem identified and corrected.
xymond schedule list query was not returning a newline after each scheduled entry.
headfoot.c was not parsing it correctly since it was looking for a newline.
So it wound up only displaying the last portion of the multi-line output.

What really concerns me though is that apparently no one has had this problem (or reported it) for 5 months since 4.3.17 was released.
That doesn't sound probable with such a basic program feature as Enable/Disable Alerts.
Which makes me think I may have something else in play here.

But the change I made to xymond.c has fixed my problem and I can't find any new issues that I created with the modification.

Larry

Schedule list output from 4.3.17:

4.3.17 $ bin/xymon localhost 'schedule'

2|1406853120|192.168.34.1|disable testsys31.* 240 \nDisabled by: larry @ 192.168.84.1\nReason: test\n1|1406853120|192.168.34.1|disable testsys32.* 240 \nDisabled
 by: larry @ 192.168.84.1\nReason: test\n

Schedule list output from 4.3.12:

4.3.12 $ bin/xymon localhost 'schedule'

7|1406854500|192.168.62.1|disable testsys3.* 240 \nDisabled by: larry @ 192.168.84.1\nReason: test\n
6|1406854500|192.168.62.1|disable testsys1.* 240 \nDisabled by: larry @ 192.168.84.1\nReason: test\n
5|1406854500|192.168.62.1|disable testsys.* 240 \nDisabled by: larry @ 192.168.84.1\nReason: test\n

Added newline to each task listing at line 4169 in xymond/xymond.c

4.3.17/xymond # diff xymond.c
xymond.c.ORIG
4169c4169
<
addtobuffer_many(response,
tbuf, "|", swalk->sender, "|",
nlencode(swalk->command), "\n", NULL);
---

addtobuffer_many(response,
tbuf, "|", swalk->sender, "|",
nlencode(swalk->command), NULL);

Schedule list output following the change:

4.3.17 $ bin/xymon localhost 'schedule'

4|1406852940|192.168.34.1|disable testsys31.* 240 \nDisabled by: larry @ 192.168.84.1\nReason: test\n
3|1406852940|192.168.34.1|disable testsys32.* 240 \nDisabled by: larry @ 192.168.84.1\nReason: test\n