[Xymon] Hobbit server is not sending email notifications

usa ims usaims at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 15:21:51 CEST 2014

Hobbit server is not sending email notifications. I have verified that mail is working on the ubuntu server by sending a test email from the command line.

It was working but I made a change in the hobbit-alerts.cfg and it hasn't worked since even if I revert back to the old configuration.

This is what I have in the 'hobbit-alerts.cfg':

HOST=xxxx.corp.local SERVICE=http
      MAIL email at xxxxxxx.com REPEAT=2

Even if I change the mail address to my google address, it won't work.

Will somebody point out other stuff to troubleshoot, thanks.

usaims