[Xymon] cleint not reporting to hobbit server

Martin Lenko lenko99 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 17:06:28 CEST 2014

Hello,
I'm not sure which version of Ubuntu you are using but up to Ubuntu 13.10
(Saucy) only hobbit-client 4.2.0 is available in ubuntu repositories. This
has been replaced by xymon-client 4.3.7 in Ubuntu 14.04.
As for the later upgrades - the xymon package should recognize that hobbit
was installed on the server before  and migrate the settings, but I'm not
sure whether it migrates any custom extension scripts (in case that you use
any).
Also the IP address of hobbit/xymon server can be configured in
/etc/default/hobbit-client (/etc/default/xymon-client respectively) instead
of changing BBDISP variable in hobbitclient.cfg.

Regards,
Martin