[Xymon] sending results to another server

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at centurylink.com
Thu Aug 7 17:27:03 CEST 2014

Yes, port 1984.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Jones, Elizabeth
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2014 9:59 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] sending results to another server

I just built a new xymon server on a new vlan - it will eventually replace my existing xymons on the old vlan.  There are two xymons in different data centers.  I'm sending the results of each to the other's page with the summary command -

summary A-xymon.All 1.2.3.4 http://A-xymon/xymon/   works great

works great.  But trying to send the summary to the new xymon on the new vlan, not getting through.

summary A-xymon.All 5.6.7.8  http://A-xymon/xymon/   fails

I'm assuming this is a firewall issue - but I don't know the route this is taking.  Would it be coming in on port 1984 like the regular xymon traffic?