[Xymon] BBWIN for Windows 2008 64bit

Simioni, Rodney rsimion at transunion.com
Wed Aug 6 23:24:02 CEST 2014

Hi,

I just downloaded bbwin from http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbwin/files/bbwin/0.13/ to install it on my Windows 2008 64 bit server -- it is my DNS server.

After the installation, it didn't add bbwin to 'All Programs' so I browsed the directory tree to c:\Program Files (86)\BBwin\bin and I saw a two green executables: one called 'bbwin' and the other called 'bbwincmd', so I clicked on 'bbwin', and I got.

BBWin is a free Big Brother and Xymon client for Windows.
This software is under GPL license. Please read the license file.

BBWin -install          to install the service
BBWin -remove           to remove the service
BBWin -debug <params>   to run as a console app for debugging

StartServiceCtrlDispatcher being called.
This may take several seconds.  Please wait.

Then the screen goes away. And in 'task manager' I don't see the process running. I have heard that other people has gotten this version to work on 2008 64bit. Please help, thanks.

Rod