[Xymon] test of pultiple ports for same service on same host

Christian xymon at elysiria.fr
Wed Apr 2 14:25:06 CEST 2014

Hello!

I would like to monitor the same TCP service, on the same host, but
running on 2 different ports. In fact, I run an MX server and it should be
opened on port 25 (of course), and also on port 587 (for local network
authenticated submissions).

So I would like to monitor, on the same host, SMTP on port 25 and on port
587.

If I write "0.0.0.0 myhost # smtp smtp:587" in "bb-hosts", it does not
work and only the last directive ("smtp:587") is taken into account.

What should I do? Create a new service in file "bb-services" called maybe
"smtp-submission", cloning the "smtp" one and adding the 587 port? Or does
somebody have another solution in mind?

Thanks.

--
Christian