[Xymon] two xymon servers - who controls clients?

Bakkies Gatvol bakgat8 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 26 15:08:15 CEST 2013

I am setting up a production xymon monitoring server. I have a development one already running and was having the clients report to both.  I had not thought this setup would be problematic, (being use to old style Big brother) but as I am working on a LOG monitoring setup - it dawned on me that both prod & dev xymon server installs have a client-local.cfg.

Is there any kind of priority in the list of servers implied from the client point of view?

on any given client I have

/etc/default/xymon-client

XYMONSERVERS="10.65.1.171 10.65.20.51"

If by some dumbness of me I end up with different client-local.cfg files on prod and dev - which one will end up on the client?

-- Bakkies