[Xymon] Where does xymon store info on currently blue servers?

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Sep 25 20:06:44 CEST 2013

On Wed, September 25, 2013 8:10 am, Betsy Schwartz wrote:
> I restarted xymon and apache  after emptying /usr/local/xymon/server/tmp,
> among other things
>
> A few minutes later, received a cascade of messages because every signle
> server that had been  signed out was now signed back in.
>
> Where does xymon get the information, on restart, about what is currently
> signed out?

> Is that stored in the server's tmp dir?

(Given that the dir is in /usr/local, I'm assuming this is a custom
compile....)

xymond on save and restart looks at what it's given with the
--checkpoint-file and --restart options, which is often set to something
in $XYMONTMP, but really can be anywhere. It should be somewhere that's
safe across a reboot (learned that the hard way), so transient or tmpfs
storage is a bad location.

Check your command line, but I'd bet it was named "xymond.chk" in the dir
you emptied.

HTH,

-jc