[Xymon] calculation of memory and swap

Rolf Schrittenlocher schritte at ub.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Sep 20 09:40:35 CEST 2013

Hi Betsy  and Jeremy,

no, I don't have an example for the test you asked for, Jeremy. We'll
follow Betsy's hint and upgrade to 4.3.10

thank you for helping,
Rolf
> Upgrading to the 4.3.10 client fixed out oddball negative memory
> reports, which we had on servers with more than 128G RAM
>

> On Sep 19, 2013, at 9:06 PM, Jeremy Laidman <jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
> <mailto:jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au>> wrote:
>
>> On 19 September 2013 17:38, Rolf Schrittenlocher
>> <schritte at ub.uni-frankfurt.de <mailto:schritte at ub.uni-frankfurt.de>>
>> wrote:
>>

>>     My idea is that values larger than 10 Gb are calculated the wrong
>>     way (because all zones using total memory less than 10 Gb are
>>     presented correctly). But I cannot find the place to fix this.
>>     Any ideas or hints?
>>

>> Perhaps it's not a special case for >10G, but perhaps it's an
>> overflow at 8G, so that anything larger than that goes negative.  I'm
>> guessing 8G (rather than 10G) would be the threshold, as it's a power
>> of two.  Are you able to reduce the zone's RAM allocation to a little
>> greater, and then a little less than 8G to see if this is the case?
>>  Or do you have examples of correctly displayed values greater than
>> 8G and less that 10G?  By 8G, I mean exactly 2^33=8589934592 (or
>> perhaps one less).

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Schrittenlocher

Lokales Bibliothekssystem Frankfurt
Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel: (49) 69 - 798 28908   Fax: (49) 69 798 28817
LBS: lbs-f at mlist.uni-frankfurt.de
Persoenlich: schritte at ub.uni-frankfurt.de