[Xymon] Send apache /server-status page to server via client.

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Oct 30 13:13:53 CET 2013

On 30 October 2013 18:41, deepak deore <deepakdeore2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
> I have setup this script on client side to run after every 1 minute.

Every minute?  Xymon network checks are usually every 5 minutes.  Do you
need it that often?

> On server hosts.cfg i changed the line as below:

You don't need any changes to hosts.cfg.  Those settings only tell xymonnet
to poll the server, and you don't want that.  You don't want the Xymon
server creating the "apache" status.  Instead, you need the client to do
it, which should happen just by running the script.

> But I am not getting the apache graph in trends. Could you tell what am I
> doing wrong?

Check your ghost report.  Also try manually running the script from within
a "xymoncmd" shell and see if you get any errors.

How are you running the script?  From a cron job, or as an "ext" script?