[Xymon] New feature request

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Oct 25 12:33:11 CEST 2013

Den 25.10.2013 11:17, Andrey Chervonets skrev:

> While we were
discussion my HTTPS problem new idea: it should be easy to implement
silent installation feature:
> 1) prepare or record response file
during other installation
> 2) provide response file during configure
step

> This could avoid typo and other similar problems during
installation.
> This will be also another source to diagnose
installation problems.

Two ways of doing it:

1) All of the configure
settings and the auto-detected definitions end up in the top-level
Makefile. So that is essentially a record of the responses you gave
during the configure step.

2) All of the "configure" settings can be
scripted. See e.g. the call to configure in the "debian/rules" file.