[Xymon] http alert mail as octet-stream

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Oct 11 10:00:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm using xymon 4.3.11 on Scientific Linux 6.4

I discovered a weird phenomenon with the alert mails that xymon is
sending. Most mails are coded as text/ascii by my postfix MTA. Only the
mails about http alerts are sent base64 encoded, because the content is
regarded as an octet-stream. I had no idea why this happened, because
the mails look normal as being ascii code. But when I used a script to
store the message, I found out, that all lines of the http message are
terminated by a ctrl-m character:

BBALPHAMSG=myhost.xyz.de:http red [621842]
red Fri Oct 11 09:43:45 2013: Not Found

&red http://myhost.xyz.de/myurl - Not Found

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found^M