[Xymon] Question about "all non-green view" and edit critical systems

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Oct 9 18:10:19 CEST 2013

On 10/9/2013 3:49 AM, Shackelford, Ken wrote:
> Hello,
>
>          I was wondering if there was a way to control which systems were summarized in the "all non-green view" window.
> I'd like to use this as a sort of front end for our operations staff to monitor and don't need to have them calling about every
> little thing.

There is a 'nonongreen' host option you can use in the hosts.cfg.
Taken from //localhost/xymon/help/manpages/man5/hosts.cfg.5.html

> nonongreen
>     Ignore this host on the "All non-green" page. Even if it has an active alert, it will not be included in the "All non-green" page. This also removes the host from the event-log display.

If you want to set this for many hosts, 'nonongreen' is an accepted
argument on a .default. host line. Look up "Default Host" in that same
doc file.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services