[Xymon] Wildcard/regexes for hostnames in client-local.cfg

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Oct 4 20:13:19 CEST 2013

I've looked over the client-local.cfg man page, and don't see anything
either allowing or disallowing this, so I figured I'd ask before trying it
out.

I have a group of servers where I'm going to be doing file presence
monitoring (alarm if the file exists). These servers will have fairly
similar names, so I'd like to be able use a regex in the hostname field (
[hostname] ) rather than have to create a separate entry for each server.

Is this possible?

Failing that, could I list the hostnames in one [...] similar to the
alerts.cfg file?

Thank you.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1