[Xymon] not receiving alerts

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Nov 11 01:15:38 CET 2013

On 11 November 2013 07:19, Kris Springer <kspringer at innovateteam.com> wrote:

> When I run the following command it works and I receive an email
> immediately.
>
> su xymon -c echo "mail test" | mail -s "Xymon [12345] VM-Firewall:proc
> CRITICAL (RED)" support at innovateteam.com
>

> Thank you.

The environment might have something to do with it, so should be tested,
and at least eliminated from our enquiries.  When Xymon runs the command,
it does so using the Xymon server environment, including PATH and MAIL.  To
test, try running the command like this:

su xymon -c xymoncmd
echo "mail test" | $MAIL "Xymon [12345] VM-Firewall:proc CRITICAL (RED)"
support at innovateteam.com