[Xymon] not receiving alerts

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Sat Nov 9 00:14:58 CET 2013

I'm still trying to find a solution to this.  I haven't been able to focus
on this for a while.  My alerts are still not sending out.  I assumed that
maybe Amazon AWS was blocking them for some reason, but I filled out all
the forms and supposedly have no blocking going on.  The logs on Xymon
don't show me anything that jump out as the problem.  I am able to send
test messages using sendmail from the command line with not trouble at all
to email addresses hosted at Google and Godaddy.  I've checked spam and
junk folders but the alerts just aren't getting there.  HELP!  Any
suggestion will be attempted, but please don't just make general
suggestions like "check the logs" without specifying what exactly I'm
supposed to be checking.

Thank you.
*Kris Springer*