[Xymon] All Services not showing up in Services List

Mark Mulligan MMulligan at llbean.com
Thu Nov 7 15:58:35 CET 2013

We are currently upgrading our Windows environment to the latest version of Symantec.  For some reason when we upgrade a server or a test PC from Sep 11 to  Sep 12 we are no longer able to monitor the service Symantec Endpoint Protection.  The name of this service does change from Symantec_AntiVirus to  SepMasterService and I have updated my services configuration to look for either but the problem is that the service is not listed within the client data being reported and therefore we cannot monitor it with Xymon.

I could monitor the proc CCSvcHst.exe but there are several services that run as Symantec so I don't think that is an effective way to monitor that SEP12 is up and active as that proc may be up but the service may be down.

I have seen some other posts on this topic but have not seen a good answer so far and am looking for a bit of help.

For our production server we are running Xymon 4.3.7 and have BBWin 0.13 on the clients.

Thanks,

Mark Mulligan
Associate Operations Engineer - Splunk and Xymon Admin