[Xymon] c-ares

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Nov 1 19:11:18 CET 2013

On 11/1/2013 9:35 AM, Mark Felder wrote:
> Is there any hope of getting xymon to compile against the system
> provided c-ares, or is xymon always going to bundle it? Just seems like
> it would be more efficient to use the system-provided c-ares if it's
> there...

It's funny you bring this up right now. I am currently struggling with
my pre-production xymon instance. The only way I seem able to get it to
behave is to start xymonnet with --no-ares. When using c-ares, I
routinely get hundreds of test failures due to inability to resolve names.

How is the c-ares library supposed to be superior to my system's
built-in resolver functions?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services