[Xymon] tcp traceroute

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Thu May 30 22:15:35 CEST 2013

On Thu, 30 May 2013, Troy Adams wrote:

> In the same way that the conn test can be asked to "trace" by performing a
> traceroute upon failure, I would like to perform a TCP traceroute when a
> TCP test fails with "no route to host". I expect this isn't built right
> into Xymon now but has anybody got any pointers on what to hack to
> implement this myself?

Magic built in not tacked on later!!

>From the hosts.cfg man page:

trace
     If the connectivity test fails, run a "traceroute" and include the output
     from this in the status message from the failed connectivity test. Note:
     For this to work, you may have to define the TRACEROUTE environment
     variable, see xymonserver.cfg(5)

Is that what you are looking for?

Tom			me at tdiehl.org		Spamtrap address	 		me123 at tdiehl.org