[Xymon] Monitoring SNMP devices : devmon is still the way to go ?

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Tue May 28 20:15:13 CEST 2013

There is an ext script just for ESXi machines.  It has a few issues. I have several machines that have dropped out, and show up purple. I don't know why it does that. I've only found a reboot of the host to fix. Which is not practical.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of L.M.J
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:12 PM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] Monitoring SNMP devices : devmon is still the way to go ?

Hi,

  Most of my colleagues wants to leave XYmon to a crappy monitoring tool such as
  WhatsUp Gold or Centreon :-(

  I have to monitor now a bunch of VMware ESXi servers or EMC Data Domain
  appliances via SNMP or so.
  Are you doing this ? With Devmon ?  Any advices/best pratices ?

  Thanks !

--
 LMJ
 "May the source be with you my young padawan"