[Xymon] XYMONSERVERS bug

Roland Soderstrom Rolands at logicaltech.com.au
Tue May 28 00:12:58 CEST 2013

Well spotted Ralph, Thanks a lot.
But the code seems to miss something here.
Shouldn't it send to both servers at the same time? Regardless of the other being up or not?
Is there any reason to wait for the first server to answer before sending to the next?
And even so, the time from the client should be when it is sending not when the sending process starts.

I really like this feature as it gives me a very cheap and easy "xymon cluster".
I discovered this when one of my xymon servers died on me last week.
I just had to change the http port to see the "backup server" instead.

Feature request?

At least we know what is happening and why.

-Roland