[Xymon] blank recovered sms alerts on mail

deepak deore deepakdeore2004 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 11:41:46 CEST 2013

Server OS is Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/mail
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/bin/mail.

This is a symlink so dpkg -S not showing the result. So checked the actual
file which shows that mailutils owns this file. And MTA I am using is
postfix.

$ ls -l /usr/bin/mail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Jan 13 09:39 /usr/bin/mail ->
/etc/alternatives/mail
$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/mail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Jan 13 09:39 /etc/alternatives/mail ->
/usr/bin/mail.mailutils
$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/mail.mailutils
mailutils: /usr/bin/mail.mailutils

I am getting the RECOVERED mails properly but the SMS alerts on mobiles are
blank which are in FORMAT=sms. I havent tried FORMAT=PLAIN, will give a try.