[Xymon] BBWincmd

Scott Post sjpostsr at gmail.com
Fri May 10 00:31:17 CEST 2013

How to get client data to Xymon server using BBwincmd?

I have BBWin installed on a Test PC and it reports to my Xymon server just
fine.  When I view the client on the Xymon Server, I have Client Data
available at the bottom of my tests.  This is same contents as the
msg.<hostname>.txt in the tmp directory

However, I have another system that I am testing on at this time, I can't
install BBWin on, but I have a series of vbscripts that I am running that
gather the same data and write out a msg.<hostname>.txt for that system.

>From what I have read and understand, I can use the BBwincmd.exe to upload
that msg.<hostname>.txt to the Xymon server.
For whatever reason, I can not get the client data to show up for this
other system.

I have compared the two msg.<hostname>.txt from each PC and the are
basically identical in format.

I have looked at BBWinCmd /? and I believe that BBWinCmd <bbdisplay>:<port>
uploadmessage <filename> is the correct option, but the Xymon server never
shows Client Data for the second host.

<reportdata>, all the information displays on the Xymon server just fine.

Can someone please help point me in the right direction?

Thanks