[Xymon] xymon e-mail alerts show up as attachments instead of e-mail

Poppy, Ben poppy.ben at marshfieldclinic.org
Fri Mar 29 20:30:24 CET 2013

Basically, you have to strip out some characters. If you edit your xymonserver.cfg file to this:

MAILC="/usr/bin/tr -d '\\015' | mail"                           # Command used to send an e-mail with no subject
MAIL="$MAILC -s"                                # Command used to send an e-mail

You will not see those attachments any longer.