[Xymon] xymon as a drop-in bb replacement

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Mar 20 02:49:59 CET 2013

On 20 March 2013 10:49, John Thurston <john.thurston at alaska.gov> wrote:

> One thing I'm missing, though, is the equivalent of the searchable
> web-help we have with BBPE. I see all of the help files and I can grep
> them, but is there a slicker way to find things in them from the web
> interface?

Use the Googles:  site:xymon.com inurl:xymon/help "xymonproxy"

You can make this a search engine in your browser, by manual configuration.
 Or, just install the OpenSearch provider here:
http://mycroftproject.com/search-engines.html?name=xymon.  Set a useful
keyword (Firefox and Chrome) such as "xymondocs" and you can search
directly from the URL bar.

Cheers
Jeremy