[Xymon] Solaris 10 swap not showing on memory alert correctly?

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizon.com
Thu Jun 27 05:22:47 CEST 2013

You made me revisit the man pages. Without reading Vernon's link I think Xymon is correct and 'top' is incorrect.  Both swap -s and swap -l are correct.  I did already know Solaris does some magic foot work with real memory when calculating swap which may be in Vernon's article but I think I can explain the numbers in the AM.  Time for sleep before the babies wake up.

~David