[Xymon] rrd network graphs on windows check

B-Art Gillis bacaselo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 16:04:02 CEST 2013

Hello,

Since january 2012 I continued the development of an alternative windows
monitoring agent that is based on the Nagios client NSCient++

See the checkwin monitor in Xymonton or http://code.google.com/p/checkwin/

I would like to add some network statistics the same way as we have in the
BBWin client.

I wrote the script that captures the inbound and outbound traffic values
through the “netstat –e” command but I don’t know how I have to load it to
the Xymon server.

In the source code I found the “do_ifstat.c” module In which I could find
the code

/* IP          Ibytes Obytes */

/* 192.168.0.1 1818   1802  */

static const char *ifstat_bbwin_exprs[] = {

};

Can someone explain me to which xymon test I should post my ifstat info?

I see that the network graphics are only visible in the trends but I don’t
find what is expected by xymon to generate the rrd files.

Best regards,

Bart