[Xymon] Definitive documentation for bbwin central mode integration with xymon - eventviewer ignore

Lennon, Padraig Padraig.Lennon at pioneerinvestments.com
Mon Jun 17 19:58:44 CEST 2013

Hi all

I'm looking at upgrading our current hobbit install to Xymon 4.3.11 and
also moving towards using the central mode with bbwin v0.13

One area in particular I'm having issues with is ignoring messages:

I've been reading a number of sources on this now and have found
conflicting sources of information (the following are a sample)

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Other_Docs/FAQ
#What_are_the_translations_between_BBWin.27s_XML_and_Central_Mode.3F
http://lists.xymon.com/oldarchive/2008/06/msg00276.html
http://sourceforge.net/p/bbwin/discussion/460874/thread/04a00deb/?limit=
50

On the Xymon server, I have the following defined in the
client-local.cfg file: (which is not filtering on the windows client -
the bbwin "tmp\clientlocal.cfg" is pulling down these entries correctly
btw)

[win32]
eventlog:security
ignore Success
eventlog:application
ignore information
ignore Big Brother Xymon Client service
eventlog:system
ignore information

I notice in the message file on the windows client the sections are
called the following, which makes me wonder am I using the correct
syntax in client-local.cfg

[msgs:eventlog_application]
[msgs:eventlog_system]
[msgs:eventlog_security]

Does anyone have this setup working correctly that they could share some
sample config files, or a link to a definitive guide on the integration?
Particularly around the issue above

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

regards
Padraig Lennon