[Xymon] Dual-homed clients

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Jun 14 06:33:57 CEST 2013

Folks

I have some devices with multiple IP addresses that I want to monitor.
 Actually, not quite true - we actually have two paths with different
static NAT, so each device can be contacted on either one of two IP
addresses.  As far as the Xymon server is concerned, there are two IP
addresses for the one device.

My problem is, what's the best day for me to set this up in Xymon.  I want
to know if a service goes down on either path.

At present, I simply list each IP address with a hostname suffix, like
these entries for "host147":

192.168.100.47 host147-a.example.com # ping smtp
192.168.200.47 host147-b.example.com # ping smtp

Is this the best I can do?

Cheers
Jeremy