[Xymon] Regular expressions

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Jun 14 06:25:03 CEST 2013

On 12 June 2013 09:21, David Baldwin <david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au> wrote:

> I think it's all or nothing with regexp.

Yes, this.  Paraphrasing the man page for analysis.cfg, the target string
is exactly one of:
(a) comma-separated list of hostnames
(b) "*" to indicate "all hosts"
(c) a Perl-compatible regular expression

Pick one.  You're trying to mix these and it won't work.

> HOST=%* EXHOST=%(iadjapa)ccmp.*,%stn380esx.*

This won't work because "*" is not a valid regular expression in the HOST=
part.  But the "%" should not be needed there because HOST=* matches item
(b).

David's example should work for you because it's one single regular
expression - item (c).