[Xymon] HTTPS problems in 4.3.11

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jun 12 08:00:28 CEST 2013

Den 12-06-2013 07:19, Andrey Chervonets skrev:
> I had found  2 problems that are reproducable only on 4.3.11 XyMon
> server (CentOS release 6.4 (Final)),
> on 4.3.4 (CentOS release 5.6 (Final)) works fine.
>
> Problem 1) Some https resources reported with red (http) and white
> (content), while really it can be accessed

Going from CentOS 5->6 also means upgrading the OpenSSL libraries to
version 1.0 (from 0.9.8e). I assume you compiled 4.3.11 on the new server ?

Check that SSL support is enabled in xymon: Run "xymonnet --version" and
check that there is a line with "SSL library: OpenSSL...."

Could you try building the old Xymon version on the new server and see
if that has the same problem ? I don't think you can simply copy over
the binary from your old server, since it is built with the old OpenSSL
library version.

> On XyMon 4.3.4 on resource have expired SSL certificate: and reported
> red for sslcert  and green for http
> SSL certificate for https://83.99.NN.NN:443/
> <https://83.99.nn.nn:443/>expired 175 days ago
> https://83.99.221.NN.NN:443/ <https://83.99.221.nn.nn:443/>- OK
>
> On XyMon 4.3.11  the same resource reported as red for http, nothing for
> sslcert
> https://83.99.NN.NN:443/ <https://83.99.nn.nn:443/>- Connected, but got
> empty response (code:0)

If an https check fails, then the certificate check will not be updated
since there is no certificate to monitor. So this problem really is a
consequence of your https-checks not working.