[Xymon] Has anyone played around with a Nagios wrapper for xymon?

Betsy Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 16:26:46 CEST 2013

Just to follow up - I took another look at xynagios and it actually does
what we want on the server side. I took xynagios and Hobbit.pm file from
the Debian distro and had to compile nagios, installed  Nagios::Plugins
from cpan, and I had to grab nagios-plugins-perl ,
nagios-plugins-1.4.16.tar  , and build it to get the missing utils.pm

All that, and the nagios plugins for HP monitoring aren't really that
great. check_ilo2_health.pl only checks temperature.
check_snmp_HP_Bladesystem.pl was useful but super terse. I am reminded that
one reason we like xymon so much is that xymon lets you send long
informative text !