[Xymon] Bug? Dropping host doesn't remove hostdata

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Jul 17 02:38:10 CEST 2013

> Hello,
>
> Using Xymon 4.3.10 I wanted to remove a host completely, so used the
> following command on the Xymon server:
>
>    xymon xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx "drop lib-srvr10"
>
> This removed all of the host data except for the 'lib-srvr10'
> subdirectory in the 'data/hostdata' directory. The subdirectory still
> contained all of the data files for the host.
>
> I had already removed the host from the hosts.cfg file, and restarted
> Xymon. No errors were seen in any of the log files.

Hmm. Just ran this myself on the occasion of having a host to drop and it
seemed to be working okay. Worked both for a host I was dropping "live"
and one that had already been deleted a restart or two ago ; in both cases
the directory under hostdata/* was removed properly.

Is this still occurring for you? Had it happened before?

Regards,

-jc