[Xymon] Configuring alerts

david.smith at renfrewshire.gov.uk david.smith at renfrewshire.gov.uk
Thu Jul 4 13:02:18 CEST 2013

Hi

I am using the latest version of xymon and I would like to achieve the
following in the alerts.

For alerts that I send to our service desk, I only want to send weekdays
between 7am and 6pm, I would like to delay sending for 5 minutes but never
send a repeat alert to them.

MAIL $SERVICEDESK DURATION>5 COLOR=red  REPEAT=0 TIME=W:0700:1800

In addition to this I want to send alert to servicedesk manager, weekdays
between 7am and 6pm, I would like to delay sending for 1 hour, send a
repeat alert to them every 30 mins but then stop  sending after 4 hours.
Is this possible?

MAIL $SERVICEMGR DURATION>5 COLOR=red  TIME=W:0700:1800

regards

David

Renfrewshire Council Website - http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they  are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

Renfrewshire Council may, in accordance with  the Telecommunications(Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000, intercept e-mail messages for the purpose of monitoring or keeping a record of communications on the Council's system. If a message contains inappropriate dialogue it will automatically be intercepted by the Council's Internal Audit section who will decide whether or not the e-mail should be onwardly transmitted to the intended recipient(s).

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by Sophos for the presence of computer viruses.