[Xymon] Problem disabling large groups of hosts

Simmons Clint C.Simmons at criflending.com
Tue Jan 29 18:36:02 CET 2013

I'm having a problem trying to disable over 1000+ hosts and tests at one time for maintenance windows. I've even tried disabling in groups of 100-200 but it will still miss a group of servers here and there. It seems that when I click "apply" and once the screen refreshes could possibly stop running the enadis.sh/cgi script in the background (??)

Is there a way to debug this or modify the refresh time/interval?

The reason we want to disable all these hosts/tests for maintenance windows is to keep SLA during the reboots and service outages for patching etc.. Does anyone have other recommendations or suggest using REPORTTIME globally instead?

FreeBSD 9.0
Apache 2.2.22
Xymon v4.3.10

Thanks in advance,

Clint

This e-mail (and any attachment) is strictly confidential and for use only by intended recipient(s). The opinions therein expressed are those of the author. Its contents, therefore, do not represent any commitment between the company and the recipient(s) and no liability or responsibility is accepted by the company for the above mentioned content. If you are not an intended recipient(s), please notify the author promptly and delete this message.