[Xymon] Starting Xymon via init script no environment variables

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Wed Jan 16 14:15:28 CET 2013

Linux SuSE.

#!/bin/bash
#
# xymon      This starts and stops xymon stuff
#
# Author:  Michael Beatty
#
#
# /etc/init.d/xymon
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:       xymon
# Required-Start: $local_fs network
# Should-Start: mqm
# Required-Stop:
# Should-Stop:
# Default-Start:
# Default-Stop:
### END INIT INFO

# Store variables
. /etc/sysconfig/posvars
# Source SuSE config
. /etc/sysconfig/boot

# Shell functions sourced from /etc/rc.status:
#      rc_check         check and set local and overall rc status
#      rc_status        check and set local and overall rc status
#      rc_status -v     ditto but be verbose in local rc status
#      rc_status -v -r  ditto and clear the local rc status
#      rc_failed        set local and overall rc status to failed
#      rc_reset         clear local rc status (overall remains)
#      rc_exit          exit appropriate to overall rc status
. /etc/rc.status

# First reset status of this service
rc_reset

# Return values acc. to LSB for all commands but status:
# 0 - success
# 1 - generic or unspecified error
# 2 - invalid or excess argument(s)
# 3 - unimplemented feature (e.g. "reload")
# 4 - insufficient privilege
# 5 - program is not installed
# 6 - program is not configured
# 7 - program is not running
#
# Note that starting an already running service, stopping
# or restarting a not-running service as well as the restart
# with force-reload (in case signalling is not supported) are
# considered a success.

RETVAL=0

case "$1" in
     start)
         echo "Staring Xymon Client QMGR = $QMGR"
          /usr/bin/sudo -u xymon /home/xymon/client/runclient.sh start
         rc_status
         ;;
     stop)
         echo "Stopping Xymon Client QMGR = $QMGR"
         /usr/bin/sudo -u xymon /home/xymon/client/runclient.sh stop
               rc_status
         ;;
     restart)
         /usr/bin/sudo -u xymon /home/xymon/client/runclient.sh restart
         rc_status -v
         ;;
     status)
         /usr/bin/sudo -u xymon /home/xymon/client/runclient.sh status
         rc_status
         ;;
     *)
         echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|status}"
         exit 1
         ;;
esac
rc_exit 0