[Xymon] Xymon with Bacula

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Thu Jan 10 22:15:16 CET 2013

On 01/10/13 15:43, Joseph De Nicolo wrote:
> the xymon_bacula_check.sh script will run automatically now. The problem was
> like you said, using $HOBBITCLIENTHOME instead of $XYMONCLIENTHOME when you
> have to add those lines to the clientlaunch.cfg. I didn't catch it the first
> time. I'm seeing the test perfectly fine on my xymon server website now, even
> on server reboots.

Ok, good to know. That was my first thought.  Going to have to make an update
to that page to identify that issue.

> Now I want to edit the actual bacula_check.sh script to show me more info. I
> run multiple types of jobs so I want it to display Full, incremental,
> differential, ect...

I had already added the "Level" column a long time ago, but never updated that
script on the website. I just uploaded a new one now that includes some minor
changes to the one that was there.

> I'm just confused about those numbers, but I believe they represent the column
> number of the catalog database correct? so to add job type and level I just
> add columns 5 and 6 using the same format as you have here in the script. And
> then I have to add those columns to the webpage by editing the JOBHEADER line.
> This would be the correct way to go about this correct?

Yes, that will work.  If you d/l the new script, you will see that I added a
"Level" column to the JOBHEADER var and column #6 to the data var.

I have this script running on 8 Bacula servers and I never bothered adding the
Job type (column 5 I think) since 99.99% of the jobs I see are "backup" jobs
and didn't think it was important. :)

Adding it to your status page should take you 20 seconds now that you have it
working.

Good luck!

--
Bill Arlofski