[Xymon] What determines displayed columns?

Mills, David (IS) David.Mills at ngc.com
Thu Jan 10 00:10:11 CET 2013

All -

Besides adding specific tags for services / tests in hosts.cfg, what determines which service columns appear on web page for a particular client? I.e. I have some clients in my environment which do not have any tags in hosts.cfg, but display several "tests".

I see part of the puzzle: the client runs (in my case): ~/xymon/client_sunos-5.10/bin/xymonclient-sunos.sh, which generates the following columns of data

                date
                uname
                uptime
                who
                df
                mount
                prtconf
                memory
                swap
                swaplist
                ifconfig
                route
                netstat
                ports
                ifstat
                ps
                top

I also see there's a file called ~/xymon/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg, which is like the server-side "tasks.cfg" in concept / syntax.

However, what determines which of these stanzas applies for which-host?

Thanks!

david

David Mills
Systems Administrator