[Xymon] strange history issue

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Jan 8 14:08:59 CET 2013

> Hi Mike,
>
> I don't think this will work for me since everything is showing green at
> the moment just the history seems to be messed up. But nevertheless I
> will give it a try.
>
> Cheers
> Torsten
>
> On 07.01.2013 17:52, Mike Burger wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi XYmonians and XYmonettes,
>>>
>>> I'am running an self-compiled XYmon 4.3.7 on Debian 6.
>>> Last week the company I'm working for at the moment experienced a big
>>> network outage.
>>> After 2 hours everything came back online and XYmon started to get back
>>> to green again.
>>> Today I saw on a lot of tests, when I click on the "History" button,
>>> that they show "clear" or "purple" since the outage although the became
>>> "green" again after the network issue was fixed.
>>> I also saw in data/histlogs/<SERVER>/<TEST> that the last entry there
>>> is
>>> the one from the time of the outage when the test went "clear" or
>>> "purple".
>>> Has this ever happened to someone else and if so, how did you fix it?
>>> Or is this a problem with my version that has been fixed in a later
>>> one?
>>
>> I had a similar issue...I've got an Ubuntu 8 VM running hobbit-client
>> 4.2.0. Over the weekend, the VM server was inadvertently rebooted,
>> resulting in the VM being restarted. I found that even though the hobbit
>> client was running, all of the items except for conn, info and trend
>> were
>> purple. I restarted the hobbit-client process on the VM, and everything
>> went back to their normal states.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to recover that
history...it's communicated to the the server by the client.

The vmstat data is collected in 5 minute increments, and only a max of 2
collections at a time...anything older is removed.

If the client wasn't communicating back to the server and passing the
vmstat data along, there isn't any way (that I've seen) to recover and
transmit the old data.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1