[Xymon] Xymon metric data into Graphite?

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Mon Jan 7 20:22:58 CET 2013

> I see that there is a xymond_rrd "--processor=/path/to/script" option.
> In theory, could that be used to send all metric data to graphite?
> If so, is there also an option to disable Xymon RRD graphs?
> If I had to, I could probably create some sort or RAM disk for RRD graphs
> and have them contain 1 metric each, but would be nice to just disable RRD.
> I found people have created monitoring of Graphite files and send results
> to Xymon, but I want to store Xymon metric data in Graphite.
>
> Thanks
> Craig

That's exactly what you'd want to do; a while back I was running an RRD
processor pipe into an OpenTSDB instance running locally (the processor
fixup script did some trivial, and cheap, rewriting) the same way.

In terms of preventing xymond_rrd from doing the actual writing of rrd
files (even though you're using it for raw data parsing still), I agree
that that's annoying.

I've only done cursory testing on it, but the attached patch adds a
---no-rrd option to xymond_rrd, which should do what you want.

Regards,
-jc