[Xymon] strange history issue

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Mon Jan 7 17:52:50 CET 2013

> Hi XYmonians and XYmonettes,
>
> I'am running an self-compiled XYmon 4.3.7 on Debian 6.
> Last week the company I'm working for at the moment experienced a big
> network outage.
> After 2 hours everything came back online and XYmon started to get back
> to green again.
> Today I saw on a lot of tests, when I click on the "History" button,
> that they show "clear" or "purple" since the outage although the became
> "green" again after the network issue was fixed.
> I also saw in data/histlogs/<SERVER>/<TEST> that the last entry there is
> the one from the time of the outage when the test went "clear" or
> "purple".
> Has this ever happened to someone else and if so, how did you fix it?
> Or is this a problem with my version that has been fixed in a later one?

I had a similar issue...I've got an Ubuntu 8 VM running hobbit-client
4.2.0. Over the weekend, the VM server was inadvertently rebooted,
resulting in the VM being restarted. I found that even though the hobbit
client was running, all of the items except for conn, info and trend were
purple. I restarted the hobbit-client process on the VM, and everything
went back to their normal states.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1