[Xymon] Stack Graphs with SPLITNCV data

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jan 2 14:42:28 CET 2013

Hi Vernon,

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 20:46:05 +0800, Vernon Everett
<everett.vernon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Happy New Year!

thanks, you too.

> Maybe I didn't express myself correctly.
> I understand what you say below, and the problem isn't with SPLITNCV,
but
> rather with configuring the graphs.
>
> As you say below, we can do foo1 as AREA, and all the rest of
foo2...fooX
> as STACK.
> But how do do this if X is an unknown number?

OK, now I understand your problem. It depends on what RRDtool version
you're using, but if it's the 1.2.x version then you do it like this in
graphs.cfg:

  FNPATTERN ^disk(.*).rrd
  DEF:p at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:pct:AVERAGE
  AREA:p at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@:@STACKIT@

The STACK keywork is deprecated in RRDtool 1.2.x, you do all of the
stacking with AREA definitions. The "@STACKIT@" thing adds the "STACK"
option for all datasets except the first.