[Xymon] Purple status in subpage not shown in main view?

Becker Christian christian.becker at rhein-zeitung.net
Tue Feb 26 09:53:53 CET 2013

Hello out there,

i do not know exactly whether there is a problem in our Xymon config or if our Xymon system has a failure.

We have a main view that contains a page called "Windows". In this "Windows" view there is a subpage called "Exchange-Server".
Now we had the situation that the BBWin has failed on a server that is placed in this view "Exchange-Server" which is a subpage of the "Windows" view from the main view.

The problem was that the purple status was not shown on the main view, but when changing to the "Windows" view, we recognized the purple status of the subpage "Exchange-Server".
At this time I cannot say if the purple status was shown in the nongreen view.

But: shouldn't it have shown this purple status on the main view also? I think I can remember that I've seen a purple icon on the main view in the past, but I cannot remember if this has been in a "first level" sub-view from the main view or a "second level" sub-view (a subpage of a subpage...).

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here - or did I understand something wrong? The affected server doesn't have a noprop-statement in the hosts.cfg.

Our Xymon is 4.3.10 running on RHEL 6.1 64 Bit.

Regards

CHRISTIAN BECKER
System Engineer
CSC

August-Horch-Strasse 28, 56070 Koblenz, Germany
Global Outsourcing Services Central Region  |  www.csc.com

CSC * This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose * CSC Deutschland Services GmbH * Registered Office: Abraham-Lincoln-Park 1, 65189 Wiesbaden, Germany * Board of Directors: Gerhard Fercho (Chairman),Thomas Nebe, Peter Schmidt * Registered in Germany: HRB 7574, Wiesbaden